About Me

My photo
My dwelling in the maddness of life and motherhood.

07 July 2011

Rant

I'm not really in the mood to write today, but I haven't been "in the mood" for a very long time.  Such is the story of my modern life in o too many ways.  I'm washed up and feeling quite old and worthless.  Being a mother is for the young, but society encouraged us to change our views on such nonesense and we became older mom: superbeing.  Bull shit.

Where does wife, friend, sister, daughter fit in or self for that matter.  One group of people says that you should work to teach our daughters to be strong women; another group says bring back the stay at home mom for our children's welfare and security; and yet another says daycares are best; and then still, stay at home dad's are just as good.  I don't knock anyones opinion, but I do knock people stepping in on my decisions for my family.

Don't question my authority, decision or ideas.  Do not go against my wishes and don't believe that your views are superior in any way.  My family is my family and I make decisions for its welfare and safety and comfort.  These decisions take careful consideration of working hours, finance levels, child care and discipline, home care and maintenance, travel options, available time and nourishment and most of all my ability to function to make it all happen.  I don't expect anyone to agree with me wholely, but respect that I am a smart, educated, common-sense filled female and don't tread on me or the family I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment