About Me

My photo
My dwelling in the maddness of life and motherhood.

28 April 2010

Stupidity the in-thing

Being a woman seems more difficult with each passing day.  Ask Lilith...after all she couldn't get it right so Eve replaced her...and look what she did.  Go Ladies!  Getting it all wrong makes for a better adventure I'd say. 

Money was invented when the planet's inhabitants discovered the service industry.  It was much easier to pass some metal or gem as payment than carry a chicken or cow or bushel of corn to the local watering hole.  The kings and their lackies decidedly had enough barter and trading when the store houses brimeth over and said sparklies are pretty...go get me more.  And fictitous money was born.  Don't question my history lesson.

What a crock of shit.  No matter what I do to keep things a float I can never get enough water out from the bottom.  I'm just sick of it.  Pardon me while I wretch on the bill collectors and doc offices and insurance companies and supermarkets and gas stations and everyone that wants a piece of the sparklie, that, frankly, doesn't exist.  I was one of those kids who got credit too soon and quickly fell into the "bad" pile.  For years I worked to remedy my youthful foolishness and was finally able to buy a car and a house and nice things.  I was so proud of my ability to get it right.  I meticulously budgeted and managed flow and savings.  I was prepared for emergencies.  Yeah right, no one ever really is.  I feel betrayed.

So, before I bitch and moan and complain about life not being fair, let me sympathize with all my bretheren and sisteren because I know I'm not the only one.  News folk...shut up about the bad economy.  Stop pointing fingers at the politicians and Wall Street and bankers.  They all suck and all had a part in ruining our American Dream.  And really, let's really think about that American Dream.  Was there ever an attainable one?  Did it die out after the industrial revolution?  Who sold us that dream....those same politicians, stock markets and bankers...think Madoff times infinity. 

Being a woman adds to this hell.  We fought for equal rights; still fight for equal pay; we want to be mom, wife, supermodel, CEO, and woman...ROAR.  You know I just want to say fuck it sometimes!  I'm tired of bringing home the bacon, frying it up in a pan, and cleaning up the grease afterwards.  I don't need this kind of life.  We were so hyped to be free we forgot to build in protections, like keeping family first, not needing two incomes to survive, keeping men manly, and enjoying this short trip to earth before it ends.  WTF?!  How in all our infinite wisdom did we let this happen...we're women after all.

I'm just done with it.  Motherhood has changed me.  I'm so different that it's no wonder I look in the mirror and wonder about the strange creature looking back.  I'm actually liking this creature more and more.  She makes me rethink everything.  But she's also a bitch.  She hasn't much power, and I feel sorry for her.  She's sad and angry and feels so helpless.  She hates the world and life and things.  But her heart is bigger than the universe, sucking in all that is like a black hole.  Not many people understand her.  She hates herself sometimes.  But I like her.  She's becoming my earth mother...I want to find a way to dry her tears and placate her cries.  My daughter loves her.  Nothing else matters.

The tea movement, the coffee movement, operation this and that, stand up, blog, write letters...5 minutes of fame and the candle goes out.  Who hears me?  I hear me.  I'm tired of listening to me.  Screw me and all my wishes and wants and complaints.  Me and the rest of us.  Well how the hell do I fix it?  No don't tell me, it's only more unwanted advise and cliches and Charlie Brown's classroom.  Everything is broken.  But we live in a disposable society so we will replace and replace and replace instead of fixing it.  And we say we're the smartest beings on the planet?  We are dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment