About Me

My photo
My dwelling in the maddness of life and motherhood.

14 January 2010

Limbo lives here

Whose life is this?  I don't recognize it.  I don't know who I am or where I'm going or how to be.  Part of my identity crisis is natural.  Part of my identity crisis is contrived.  I can't look back and I can't look forward...so I peek to my side to beware getting side swiped.

The whole of motherhood and marriage are misunderstood.  Perhaps I was raised too old world.  Maybe the modern world scares me.  Possibly my dream world sucked me in too far.  By chance I watched too much Disney.  All I know is that the idependent, strong willed, stable, multi-tasker finds herself lost, confused, scared, anxiety-ridden, and out of sorts.  Everything that I once believed in seems false and lies.

It's not so dark here anymore, but definitly overcast with a passing chance of monsoon.  I spend each moment on the brink.  I'm aware of my facade this time.  I know I'm fragile.  I wonder if I just snapped and am broken enough to walk the line.  I feel the swell of panic resting below the surface...I can see its reflection shimmer in the breeze.  I'm mechanical and purposeful.  I just have to get through the next moment. 

My temper is back and so is my drive for control.  I have to stop them.  I don't know how.  I am numb or rage...watch yourself I might bite, but I'll retreat again - don't worry.  This is the place I was before and thought I was safe and free; I don't want to be here again.  I know I thought it was sun before, but turned out to be a pebble glistening in the moonlight...trickery. 

This holiday for kings hangs out behind my eyes.  I can tune in and chill as often as I like.  It feels nice to be enveloped in this rainbow of fancy.  Sound and vision are focused inside, and I can hide from the demons that dance their voodoo around me.  Problem is I have things to do, Lucy.  That's how I know I'm teetering.  I teeter at the office, I teeter at home.  I teeter. 

Anxiety.  Panic. Anxiety.  Panic.  Anxiety.  I know that's what this is.  This teetering.  The silly images and dreams that put fear in my head.  This isn't healthy fear...this is nightmare fear.  I have visions of disaster striking my child or my family.  Everything is unsafe and a potential emergency.  I'm in a perpetual state of just teetering.  I have enough sense to know these are unreasonable, but I can't name them to control them.  I used to be able to call my fears by name and send them out to eternal damnation in nothingness.  I was powerful over them.  I wonder if Alice can help me.  I'm afraid of Alice helping me. 

I have to stay afloat.  I have to find solid land.  I have to find me.       

No comments:

Post a Comment