About Me

My photo
My dwelling in the maddness of life and motherhood.

10 September 2009

It's only pressure

I want to know whose brilliant idea it was to assume that people are so dumb as to believe being told "it won't hurt, it's only a little pressure" works! Pressure my ass!!

Insert lidocaine...owwi...insert torture device needle...Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow! The tears came running down my face...hubby heard me scream in the waiting room. It took me a good 10 minutes or so before I let them start the other side. The best way to describe the pain is that it feels like back labor...it was the exact same pain that made me succumb to getting the epidural during labor.

I think I cried for a half hour or more and just couldn't get a grip. THe docs and nurses all treated me like a 4 year old and said I did a good job and I should be proud of myself for going through with both sides. A nurse put an ice back on my lower back and monitored my blood pressure for another 20 minutes or so and sent me home.

Through the rest of the day and night it hurt...it hurt awful. I kept waiting for the pain-free moment to come, but I tossed and turned and moaned and just couldn't get comfy. By morning I hadn't realized that I actually slept 4 hours in a row...thank you little sweets for giving mommy a nice span between feedings...and o my...the pain...it's mostly gone. Yippee! It actually worked. It really worked. I'm...I'm...free!

BY Friday mid-day I felt like I was on speed. I had so much energy I just ran around getting stuff done, multi tasking like pre-mama, and generally smiling. Yes, smiling. My household didn't know what to do with itself. I played with the pups on the floor, I played with the baby on the floor, I ran up and down the steps, I slept like a baby at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment