About Me

My photo
My dwelling in the maddness of life and motherhood.

08 December 2010

Assholeness Part Deux

Today's world is unique and our generation is suffering the consequenses of it's own design.  We grew up in the opiated 70s and prosperous 80s and tech revolution.  We have access to information and distractions that our grandparents couldn't even dream.  We are now the ones raising disrespectful, selfish children and don't take resposibility or accept blame for anything and we pass that onto to the next generation in the process.  We behave like spoiled brats that are owed something.  Admittedly, I'm guilty of the I've earned it mentality myself.  We have no community and we stand up for nothing or only in word, not action.  Take, for instance, all our Facebook status adventures...do we believe that we are making a difference just by saying so.  We are dumb, stupid, ignorant and arrogant.  Our easy lifestyles have made zombies out of us all.

Women are entering the workforce in droves.  The unemployment of America has hit everyone, but our men seem to cry poor me...I am man and now I feel emasculated.  Some blame their women, some the government, but none stop for a second to ponder their part in this puzzle.  We are greedy and selfish as a people.  We don't care about anyone, including ourselves.  We feast on cakes and wine and must have things, instead of remembering what's important in life...life itself.  We can't take things with us.  Frankly, we don't even know if there is a place beyond here.  Things are fleeting and easy: instant gratification and temporary happiness.  The love I have for my daughter can never be described or replaced or explained.  The emotions I have for those people who bless my life in many different ways makes the hardships seem bareable.

I cannot take anyone elses blame any longer.  I cannot accept anyone elses cranial malfunctions another minute.  I cannot carry the world one more breath.  I didn't hear Atlas got laid off, and really...you can't outsource his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment