About Me

My photo
My dwelling in the maddness of life and motherhood.

21 July 2010

The Birth of Zadyra

Today is one of those rarities that involves a level of clarity and motivation that usually fades as quickly as it arrived.  I feel strong and energetic and compulsively positive.  I'm working on 3.5 hours of sleep with cramps and a migraine, but somehow I will perservere today.  I really don't know how or why, but I'm running with it...and most likely scissors.

Once in a while a moment comes along that borders a grande change...ususally (or hopefully) for the better.  Sort of like spring cleaning in January.  Today I'm there.  I want to run without taking a breath before the lights go dim.  I posted my FB status as time to dust off some long forgotten dreams...so philosophical of me...so me.  And that's it...so ME.  OMG OMG OMG OMG....breathe...ME.

The ellusive me or prodigal me or lost me or me on vacation arrived home...for a visit for a while forever...who can tell.  I'm enjoying me today.  Actually too much since I'm doing everything but working.  I want to write and market my two new businesses and network and branch out and enjoy all that I've ever dreamed of in a life for myself.  I'm ignoring the fact that I am chained to a desk in an overly-cooled office, albeit having a much needed quiet day at the reigns.  I'm taking advantage, and glad for the opportunity. 

I'm believing that my two recent ventures may afford me some respite from this dreary world I find myself sulking around.  I'm exhausted from worrying and the calls from the debt collectors and working working working and missing out on the lovely moments of my daughter's flying-by first years.  I'm putting faith in a possibility...a dream.  I want to write, and dance, and teach and share good health.  I want to support my family doing what I love and make each day valued for more than another day-in-the-life.  I'm at least taking those first steps out of the dream and building a reality.

I gave birth to Zadyra...a long day coming.  She's my dancer, my performing artist, my confidence, my ME.  I want to hold her and hug her tight and reap the rewards of her arrival quickly without blinking.  From my tiny ballerina days to my larger than I should be belly dancing days I've always dreamed of the performance.  And I always stopped short of going there.  I denied a Philadelphia Ballet hope; I hid from performances at Morraccan restaurants; I did all I could to be hyped, but always failed to follow through.  Having accepted the opportunity to teach belly dance at a newly opened dance studio, I found myself following through for the first time.  I shook through my first class and a few thereafter.  I struggle still to select the correct music, and sometimes the best explaination, but I don't give up.  I've begun networking in the community and accepting opportunities for private parties for instruction.  The next step will be a real performance...not going to hide, but it will take more time with Zadyra, more lessons in me.

My manic excitement sends me off and onward...o please don't stop...I like this, and I know my family will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment